Bringing real life experiences to help those interacting with individuals with autism
Working with patients that have autism requires adjustments in assessment and communication approaches. Learn how you can be better prepared for a successful interaction for individuals with autism.
Law enforcement officers interact with individuals with autism on a regular basis. Learn why it is important to understand the best approach for these individuals.
Learn How To
- Understand the basics of autism
- Recognize autistic traits and characteristics
- Communicate more effectively with the individual with autism
- Hear real life examples and strategies to implement on calls
- Anticipate and reduce/eliminate dangerous behaviors
- Be more prepared when encountering an individual with autism
Thank you for sharing your story and this very important information...If FD and PD all have this information it will save lives! Great job.
Bram presents great information that first responders need to know from a perspective of a parent, as well as a firefighter/paramedic.
This is a rare opportunity to gain insider knowledge at anticipating and managing challenging behaviors in people with autism. For years, I have been using the valuable techniques presented here to provide safe and effective care to patients with autism in the emergency department.
Send us a note or give us a call to discuss next steps…